Australian Journal of Linguistics
The Australian Journal of Linguistics is the official journal of the Australian Linguistic Society. We publish articles dealing with most branches of linguistics, with preference given to articles of theoretical interest, particularly those which focus on Australian languages, Australian English, and language in Australian society. We also welcome occasional collections of papers on a particular topic so as to constitute a ‘special issue’ under guest editors.
A high number of submissions are received each year and authors should ensure that their manuscript:
- is within the scope of AJL
- is of international standard
- contextualises the research & explains why it is of academic interest
- advances the identified field(s) of research
In preparing and submitting their original research article to the journal, authors should refer to the Instructions for Authors.
All submitted articles undergo rigorous double-blind review based on initial editor screening and anonymized refereeing by two anonymous referees. Accepted articles are published Online First, expediting access to the research prior to issue publication (online and in print). The only difference between Online First and issue publication is the citation details: Online First articles can be cited by journal title and Digital Object Identifier (DOI), with issue publication also having the volume, issue and final page numbers.
The 2019 impact factor of the Australian Journal of Linguistics is 0.684. The journal is abstracted/indexed in:
- A P A I S: Australian Public Affairs Information Service;
- Australian Education Index;
- Bibliographic Index;
- Communications Abstracts;
- Communication and Mass Media Complete;
- Contents Pages in Education;
- Dietrich’s Index Philosophicus;
- Education Research Index;
- Educational Research Abstracts Online;
- Humanities International Index;
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences;
- ISI: Social Sciences Citation Index;
- Linguistics Abstracts;
- Linguistics and Language Behaviour Abstracts;
- Linguistic Bibliography;
- M L A International Bibliography;
- Multicultural Education Abstracts;
- OCLC; Periodicals Index Online;
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts;
- Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliographies;
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts;
- Swets Information Services;
- Technical Education & Training Abstracts and Thomson Gale.