About Australian Linguistic Society
The Australian Linguistic Society is the national organisation for linguists and linguistics in Australia. Its primary goal is to further interest in and support for linguistics research and teaching in Australia. The Australian Linguistic Society is one of the two main linguistics societies in Australia (the other is the Applied Linguistics Association of Australia).
The objectives of the Australian Linguistic Society are:
- To further interest in and support for linguistic research and teaching in Australia
- To organise an annual meeting and visits of local and overseas speakers (ALS Conference)
- To publish a journal of international standing (Australian Journal of Linguistics)
- To organise an International Congress of Linguists when appropriate
- To organise an Australian Linguistic Institute